Zucchini bread salty: Latest Recipe
Zucchini bread or zucchini (salty)
- 700 gr zucchini
- 140 cm3 milk
- 140 cm3 water
- 140 cm3 olive oil
- 560 gr flour 000 (or strength flour)
- 560 gr whole wheat flour
- 13 gr dry yeast (equivalent to about one and a half teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 6 grams fine salt (about a large tablespoon)
- 170 grams grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons (soup type) of sesame seeds for the mixture and 2 tablespoons separately for the outside of the bread
- Pepper, quantity to taste
- Wash and grate zucchinis with the peel. Put in a strainer with a little fine salt (a teaspoon of tea), so that they perspire, for around 20 or 20 minutes. When this time has elapsed, press the zucchinis with a spoon to remove any excess liquid they may have. They must be very dry.
- Place the water and milk in a steel jug and heat until warm. Remove from the heat and add 6 gr or a tablespoon of salt. Stir until dissolved. Finally, add the olive oil and mix a little so that it integrates.
- Put the flours and the dry yeast in a large bowl. Add the desired amount of grated pepper. Stir a little to mix. Make a hole in the center of the bowl, forming a crown. (Generally, this is done on the counter directly, but for lack of space, I do it in a bowl).
- In the center of the “crown”, place the grated zucchinis and the wet ingredients from step 2 (oil, milk, and water) and the sesame seeds. Stir with a spatula from the center of the mixture, until the flour and the other more liquid ingredients have been well incorporated.
- Knead Well (the most beautiful part of making bread). Inside the bowl or on a floured counter. The resulting mass must have an elastic texture, if it is very dry add a little oil and/or water. If it is very wet or sticky add a little flour. Once the dough is elastic, leave it to rise for about 45 to 60 minutes in the bowl, covered with a brush or with kitchen film until it almost doubles in size.
- While we wait for the dough to light = sprinkle two large bread molds with spray oil (or common oil passed with kitchen paper) and flour them. We turn on the oven to preheat it and wash all the utensils used and clean the counter well, and “sprinkle” it with a little flour.
- Once that time has elapsed and the dough has already risen, separate the preparation into two parts and knead each half again to degas the dough. Place each half in a mold, paint with milk and sprinkle with the sesame seeds reserved for that. Let rise again for approximately 30 minutes.
- Bake on medium heat for 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and unmold on a rack.
FACT: it can be kept in the fridge for several days and even froze.